ABR, Broker, CRB, CRP, CRS, e-PRO, GRI, REALTOR®, RECS, SRES
Communities: Pinellas County, Pasco County, Hillsborough County, Clearwater, Palm Harbor, St. Petersburg, Largo, Seminole, Pinellas Park, Safety Harbor, Oldsmar, Tarpon Springs, Dunedin, Gulf beaches, Holiday, New Port Richey, Trinity, Eastlake, and others.
P.O. Box 2237 · Tarpon Spgs · FL · 34688-2237
Office: 727-725-4800 · Cell: 727-420-0810 Fax: 727-944-5975
Jim has been selling Real Estate in the Tampa-Bay area since getting his license in 1990. He has averaged over 75 closings per year in a market where the average agent closes 7 transactions per year. With a total sales volume over $165 Million, Jim is a proven leader in the Tampa-Bay area Real Estate community. After a 14-year career with Re/Max, Jim opened his own Real Estate Brokerage, selling-florida.com Realty, in February 2004 .
Among many other awards and recognitions, Jim as been honored as the following:
Top-5 all Realtors� in Pinellas County,
Top-5 Re/Max Realtors� in Florida
Top-100 of all Re/Max� Agents worldwide
Jim was inducted into the RE/MAX, Hall-of-Fame for overall sales achievement with Re/Max at the Re/Max International convention held in 1996 and was honored at the February 2002, Re/Max International convention held in Orlando, Florida for reaching the RE/MAX, Lifetime Achievement level (RE/MAX's Ultimate Sales award level).
Because a Real Estate sale or purchase is not a daily event for most people, Jim understands that the process can be both exciting and frustrating. He has gone to great lengths to provide the best possible service solutions to make sure the process runs smoothly. Jim's nephew, Gary Burden is working with the brokerage as a Buyer Specialist. In addition, Jim has written several special reports, in simple terms, that explain Agency, Home Selling and Buying, the Loan Process, Sellers' Title Company Costs and Procedures, and even a special report for For-Sale-By-Owners! Ask to see them.
Jim's extensive background in computers, marketing, engineering, law enforcement and finance gives him an innovative, yet professional approach to Real Estate. Jim's professional background includes positions with Florida Power Corporation, Paradyne Corporation, Nokia-Kinex, the St. Petersburg Police Department and as a self-employed computer consultant concentrating on small business computer systems for medical applications.
Jim holds Associates Degrees in both Computer Science and Criminal Justice from the St. Petersburg Junior College, a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Computer Technology from the University of South Florida, and an MBA (Master's degree) in Finance and Marketing from the University of Tampa.
REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
* 1990 - Licensed as a Florida Real Estate Salesperson and REALTOR
* 1991 - Obtained Florida Real Estate Broker license
* 1992 - Acquired Certified Relocation Professional (CRP) designation issued by the
Employee Relocation Council in Washington D.C.
* 1993 - Acquired Graduate Real Estate Institute (GRI) designation.
* 1993 - Acquired Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) designation issued by the
National Sales Council
* 1995 - Acquired Accedited Buyer Representative (ABR) designation issued by the Real Estate BUYER'S AGENT Council, Inc. of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS (REBAC)
* 1998 - Acquired Accedited Buyer Representative Manager (ABRM) designation issued by the Real Estate BUYER'S AGENT Council, Inc. of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS (REBAC)
* 2000 - Acquired the e-PRO(500) designation issued by the National Association of Realtor's
* 2001 - Acquired Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager (CRB) designation issued by the
Real Estate Brokerage Managers Council
* 2001 - Acquired Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES) designation issued by the
Senior Advantage Real Estate Council
* 1974 - AS Degree in Computer Science from the St. Petersburg Junior College
* 1978 - Bachelor Engineering Technology (BET) from the University of South Florida.
* 1980 - MBA from the University of Tampa (Marketing and Finance majors)
* 1987 - AS Degree in Criminal Justice from the St. Petersburg Junior College
* 1977-1998 Reserve Police Officer - St. Petersburg Police Department (now retired). Held ranks of Sgt., Lt. and Captain and was a Certified Law Enforcement Instructor & Police Firearms Instructor with the St. Petersburg Junior College Police Academy.
* Certified Master in Police Combat Competition Shooting and National Record Co-holder for NRA/Police Competition Shooting.
See My Website: