Terry J Burns
ABR, Broker, CDPE, CRS, e-PRO, REALTOR®, SRES
Allen Tate Realtors
Communities: All Charlotte, North Carolina All Northern Virginia, specializing in the areas of: Ashburn, Burke, Centreville, Chantilly, Fairfax, Fairfax Station, Great Falls, Herdon, McLean, Oakton, Oak Hill, Reston, Springfield, Sterling, Vienna
1085 Providence Road · Charlotte · NC · 28277
Office: 704-350-2136 · Cell: 571-232-2747 Fax: 704-350-2136
TERRY J. BURNS
Realtor®, Broker, ABR®, CRS®
RFC, CDPE, CIAS, REO Certified
Life Member NVAR Top Producer
Licensed in North Carolina & Virginia
Terry transitioned to the real estate industry in 1999 from the national/international trade association profession where he served over 25 years in capacities ranging from Director of Education to President and CEO. He is a licensed Realtor®/Broker in North Carolina and Realtor®/Sales Agent in Virginia.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Marketing, California State University, Pomona; Masters of Real Estate candidate, Graduate School of Real Estate, REALTOR® University, Chicago, Illinois
Awards & Recognition: The Realty Alliance’s National Sales Award for ranking in the top five percent of all residential real estate sales professionals in America; Allen Tate’s 2014 Chairman’s Circle highest designation award presented to top performing agents based on closed sales volume. NVAR’s Multi-Million Dollar Top Producer Award and Long & Foster's $10+ Million Sales Achievement Award. L&F’s Chairman’s Hall of Fame and Founder’s Club Awards.
Community & Industry Service: Past Chair of NVAR's Technical Advisory Board; Served on the Board of Directors of Alexandria Hospital Employee Assistance Program, Fellowship of Christian Athlete's and the Louis A. Bantle Institute--an educational philanthropic organization.
Professional Affiliations, Certifications and Designations:
• National Association of Realtors (NAR)
• Charlotte Regional Realtor® Association (CRRA)
• Northern Virginia Association of Realtors® (NVAR)
• Real Estate Buyer's Agent Council (REBAC) (ABR® Designee)
• National & Regional Council of Residential Specialists (CRS® Designee)
• National Association of Real Estate Consultants (Certified C-CREC™)
• The Residential Finance Consultant (Certified RFC)
• Council of Neighborhood Specialists (CNS®)
• American Society of REO Specialists (ASREOS)
• Certified Short-Sale Professional (CSP)
• Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
• Certified Investor Agent Specialist (CIAS)
Family: Born in Wichita, Kansas and raised in Southern California, he currently resides in Charlotte, NC since January, 2015. With the exception of two years living in Connecticut and working in New York City, he made his home in the northern Virginia area from 1974-2014. He is married to the former Kathryn A. Michie; they have a married daughter Traci, UNC graduate and Personal Trainer, two grandchildren Ava and Evan; and son Matt, GMU graduate, Investment Banking and Capital Markets, Wells Fargo Securities.
See My Website: